Sunday, February 14, 2010

First Knitting Project

So, thanx to a very patient SIL (sister-in-law), I've once again picked up the knitting needles. I had tried knitting a couple years ago, but it just didn't work for me - I just couldn't get it. But, after a lil stitch & bitch with said SIL, I've given it another try and this is what I'm trying to make now. BUT, as I usually do, I've changed the pattern just about completely. =)

If you would like to make this scarf, here's the instructions.

Scarf measures 6 1/2" wide and 54" long.
Materials: Medium weight yarn: 1 ball each of 2 colors
Project shown is stitched with Red Heart (R) "Soft Yarn" in 9440 Lt Grey Heather and 9520 Seafoam.
Knitting Needles: 9mm (US 13)
Extras: Yarn needle



With 1 strand of each color held together as one, cast on 20 sts. Knit 8 rows. Now work in pat as follows:

Row 1 (right side): Knit.
Rows 2 & 3: Knit 4, purl 12, knit 4.
Row 4: Knit
Repeat Rows 1-4 for pat until approx 52" from beg, end by working Row 4.
Knit 8 rows. Bind off. Weave in ends.

Now, how I've changed this pattern is:
I'm using different colors of course (blue & cream) and I worked the 8 knit rows, and repeated the pattern 3 times. Because I haven't quite got the hang of the purl stitch yet, after Row 4 I knit 10 rows then start back into the pattern at Row 1 again.

Here it is so far (don't laugh - I'm new to this knitting thing and not the world's best photographer by any means).





















No comments:

Post a Comment